Requirements for the premises where your kitchen is installed
We do everything in our power to ensure that your SieMatic kitchen would bring you joy for many years. Nevertheless, our efforts may be in vain without proper repairs and other preparatory work listed below that help to guarantee a result that will satisfy you 100%.
We kindly ask you to responsibly perform the listed requirements! Please remember—it’s best to do everything right at once than to repair and resolve consequences later.
- By the time the kitchen is installed, all repair works in the kitchen should be completed.
- The walls where it is planned to install the wall cabinets should be made of durable material (concrete, brick, 2-layer gypsum board) with a thickness of at least 10 cm.
- The walls where the kitchen furniture is mounted should be flat and straight. The walls as well as the walls and floor should be at an angle of 90 degrees in view of one another.
- The kitchen floor should be flat, without slopes and differences in height, as well as solid (for example, covered with tiles).
- Electrical wiring should be completed considering the recommendations listed below.
Main principles for the location of sockets and outlets for kitchen appliances
- All sockets should be freely accessible. Do not place the sockets directly behind household appliances.
- All sockets intended for household appliances located behind the kitchen furniture should be behind the base of the cabinets and a maximum of 10 cm above the floor.
- To connect the electric stovetop, an output (3×4 cable with single-phase connection or 5×2.5 cable with 3-phase connection) located behind the floor cabinet should be in place. The wire must be 1 meter in length and at level of 75 cm from the floor.
- The outlet for kitchen lighting should be located behind the wall cabinets and be connected to the power supply via a permanent switch.
- To connect the hood, a wire of 50 cm in length with a socket outlet connected to it should be in place. The wire should be located on the wall in accordance with the wiring diagram behind the middle section of the hood. All hidden wiring must be laid horizontally or perpendicularly to the floor! The customer is required to provide a covered wiring diagram.
- Plumbing should be completed considering the recommendations below.
Main principles for the location of water and sewerage pipes
- All water and sewer outlets must be located in the sink area! Do not place outlets behind the dishwasher or washing machine.
- Each water consuming device (mixer, water filter, dishwasher, washing machine) should have a separate water supply outlet.
- Each individual outlet must have an external thread with the required diameter.
- The optimal arrangement of the outlets is a 40×40 cm space behind the centre of the sink cabinet at least 20 cm from the floor.
- All pipes must be rigidly attached to the wall and have individual taps to regulate the water supply.
- In order to avoid the breaking of water pipes and their connections due to hydraulic shock, water pipes should be equipped with a pressure regulator. The pressure in the water supply system should not exceed 6 atm.
The customer must provide the team of assemblers a permanent power supply (outlet) in the kitchen area and free access to the electrical cabinet.
The customer must provide the team of assemblers artificial lighting in the kitchen area during installation.
Before furniture installation the customer must cover the floor with cardboard to avoid damage to the floor. Furniture or other objects should be covered with protective film.
A lot of dust, sawdust and other waste is generated during kitchen installation. We kindly ask you to responsibly protect your property.